SEARCH FROM HERE!

Custom Search

Monday 16 June 2008

An Odd Thought.

Just a thought, bit of a radar blip.

Yesterday was Fathers' Day.
I don't believe in Fathers' Day. It's a con to make money for the card and present manufacturers. Remember the Simpsons? -

"No, no, no. It's got to be something warm and fuzzy, like Love Day only not so lame" . . .
"Happy Love Day everybody!"

That's how I see Fathers' Day.

So yesterday I gave my Dad a card I bought for him. He doesn't really believe in Fathers' Day either.
My kids gave me cards they'd made and some vegan chocolate, which I accepted and enjoyed.

So
On a scale of 1 - 10, just precisely how brainwashed, controlled and thoroughly duped am I?
Happy Love Day everybody!

Love (and a deeply exasperated sigh),
Seán

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

10 for the handmade cards and chocky, and, 1 for shop bought cards!!!